Your privacy is of great importance to us and we handle and protect your data accordingly. Below, we have outlined all the ways we use your information and why it is necessary to do so. We value your security as much as we value your custom and are fully committed to preserving your privacy.
If you have any questions regarding how we use your data and the steps we take to protect your privacy, please send your query to email@example.com and we will be happy to help you.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
The details you provide to us are used in several ways – some not as obvious as others. We have separated each specific detail you supply to us and the ways in which they are used.
NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS
We will ask for your name, phone number and e-mail address for a multitude of reasons. This information allows us to:
- Ensure delivery of purchase is directed to the right person.
- Inform you of order details, delays and all other such important notices and updates via SMS or e-mail.
- Keep you up to date on new products, services and projects via e-mail. We will only send you marketing material with your consent and you are within your right to rescind consent at any time.
- Detect and prevent fraud enacted against either yourself or IMPERIA.
Send location-relevant marketing material.
Your gender is relevant because it allows us to:
- Efficiently direct you to the correct part of our website (menswear/womenswear).
Send your marketing material that is gender-specific.
This information is collected during payment transactions. It allows us to:
- Process payment for items bought.
- Process refunds for returns.
- Detect and prevent fraud enacted against either yourself or IMPERIA.
Optionally store payment information to the user’s account for a faster checkout.
RECORDING OF CONTACT HISTORY
Phone calls and e-mail correspondence may be recorded and saved. This allows us to:
- Efficiently deal with your query (if further contact is required) and provide better customer service.
Train our staff so that our customer support is constantly improving.
PURCHASE HISTORY/SAVED ITEMS
When you add an item to your basket, our website retains your section so we can:
- Process orders once items are added to bag.
Handle returns and provide better customer service.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR DEVICE AND HOW YOU USE OUR WEBSITE
When you use our website, your IP address and device type are noted. This information is useful to us because it allows us to:
- Set default options specific to you (such as language, currency and item availability).
Detect and prevent fraud enacted against either yourself or IMPERIA.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Our relationship with our customers is paramount. That you have entrusted us with your information and support what we do at IMPERIA instils in us a duty to be transparent with how we use your data. We will never sell any of your personal data to third parties. This includes your name, address, e-mail address and credit card information.
There are, however, instances whereby your data is crucial to providing a good standard of customer service and improving the experience of all involved – namely, yourself and IMPERIA. We may share your information with:
- Payment service providers, order packers, warehouses and delivery companies. These are the companies that deal with the delivery of your goods. Certain information (name, address etc.) is necessary to share in order to get your items to you.
- Marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts. These professional service providers help with the business side of IMPERIA.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement ad fraud prevention agencies. These are the entities that prevent and tackle fraud.
We may share anonymous information with third parties but this is for the purposes of analytics and figures. We make sure none of this data can be used to identify you.
If you allow us to, we will keep you updated on IMPERIA products and news via e-mail or text. This service ensures you are kept aware of the latest projects at IMPERIA.
You can put a stop to marketing updates from IMPERIA at any time by:
- Clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail from us.
- Contacting our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you opt-out of marketing messages through any of the above methods, we will ensure your settings are updated with immediate effect. However, due to the complex nature of our services and the volume of messages we receive, the update may take a few days to complete. This means that you may receive a few more marketing updates as we process the change to your account. Please allow some time for the changes to take effect before contacting us again.
Preventing marketing messages will not stop vital service communications – order updates etc.
As with other retailers, we tailor advertisement based on your IMPERIA website search history, site content you peruse and IMPERIA banners or ads you have clicked on in the past. We use a multitude of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges to target IMPERIA banners and advertisements to you when you are browsing other websites or apps. Ad technologies used include: cookies (more information on that below), ad tags, pixels, web beacons and mobile identifiers. Services offered by social network sites such as Facebook or Instagram are also implemented for the purposes of specified advertising.
YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE EU
Some of the important services we use have their servers located in the USA. Although the USA is not bound by European Commission’s standard data protection clauses, we protect your privacy and your rights by implementing the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses.
You can find detailed information about this and the surrounding laws here:
HOLDING ONTO YOUR DATA
We can only retain your information while you are an IMPERIA customer. You are within your rights to request us to delete all of your personal data we have stored. Contact our customer service team at email@example.com in order to do so.
There may be circumstances in which we keep hold of some of your information, even after you close your IMPERIA account or it is no longer required to provide specific services to you. These include: prevention of fraud and abuse; enforcement of our Terms & Conditions; solving disputes; or other such legal of regulatory requirements.
You have certain rights pertaining to your personal data. It is important to be aware of them to reduce risk to your privacy or abuse of trust with all companies. You have:
- The right to be clearly informed about how your personal data is being used.
- The right to unobstructed, transparent access to all personal data being held that pertains to you.
- The right to request amendment of any inaccurate personal information held about you.
- The right to request that any company that holds your personal information delete it or stop collecting it.
- The right to halt direct marketing updates and messages (see above).
- The right to request that any company that holds your personal information transfer elements of your data to another service provider.
The right to complain to your data protection regulator (the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK).
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES TO PRIVACY PROTECTION METHODS
There are times where we might alter our methods of processing and protecting your personal information. For any significant changes, we will ensure you are clearly notified via one of the means of contact we have for you. You will have a chance to review the changes before you continue to use IMPERIA.
If you have any questions regarding your privacy, would like us to stop using your data, or have any queries regarding this notice, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us.
All matters regarding data can be taken up with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 22nd February 2023